Used Car Articles
- How to Sell a Car on Craigslist
- How to Get a Car Loan When You Have No Credit
- Where To Buy Cheap Used Cars Online
- 10 Good Craigslist Cars for Sale under $1000
- Great Craigslist Used Crossovers for Sale Under $10,000
- 7 Cheap Craigslist Used SUVs For Sale Under $3000
- How to Find Used Cars for Sale by Owner on Craigslist for $1000
- How to Find a Cheap Insurance for Your Used Car
- My Favorite Craigslist Used Cars under $5000
- Buyers Guide to Craigslist Used Car Parts
- How to Buy a Used Car with Bad Credit
- 5 Certain Things You Should Do When Buying a Used Car Warranty
- How to Buy a Craigslist Used Car from a Private Seller: 7 Crucial Steps
- How to Avoid Craigslist Car Scams Effectively
- How to Inspect a Craigslist Used Car
My Favorite Craigslist Used Cars under $5000
I am in the market for a used car and am looking on Craigslist for a good deal. Craigslist is one of the most popular online mediums for buying and selling used goods. It contains locations all across the country, which means that you will have millions of items to pick from when desiring to buy a particular thing. This is especially true of used cars. Craigslist has all different makes and models through a range of prices. If you are looking for a cheaper automobile, Craigslist is filled with used cars under 5000 dollars.
Most often, you will get a better deal on a car when working with a personal seller instead of a traditional dealership. Here are five used cars under $5000 that I am considering:
1. 2002 Honda Civic: This car is selling for $3999. It is a four door model with 131,000 miles. It has an automatic transmission and power controls. It also comes with a new alternator and windshield, sunroof, and gets good gas mileage. The only possible downside is that it comes with a salvage title.
2. 1989 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24: This vehicle has an asking price of $3500 and comes with a CarFax report to prove the car’s clean title. The sale comes complete with all paperwork from original owner. The car has a sunroof and automatic transmission. The vehicle appears very neat on both the interior and exterior.
3. 2002 Dodge Stratus Sedan: This vehicle has a price tag of $4400. The car is silver in color and has just shy of 120,000 miles. It has an automatic transmission and a 4 cylinder engine with 2WD. It has a clean title from the original owner. It seems like reliable transportation among used cars less than $5000.
4. 2005 Pontiac Sunfire: This automobile is silver colored and only 45,000 miles. It has a salvage title, but runs very well. It has an automatic transmission and 4 cylinder engine. There are no power doors or windows.
5. 1999 Mercury Sable GS: This is among the better used cars on Craigslist. It has a red exterior, automatic transmission, and a four cylinder engine. There is a clean title and the vehicle runs well despite having more than 140,000 miles on it.
As you can see, there are quite a few cars to select from on Craigslist. All five of the vehicles that I have chosen to pick from seem like decent deals. When making a final decision, I must consider a few things.
First, two of the cars that I have chosen come with salvage titles. This means that they have been severely damaged in the past and repaired. This might not be bad; however I would prefer to buy a car that has never been in a serious accident.
The next thing to think about is mileage. It is always best to find a car with the least amount of miles possible. All of the vehicles with a clean title have well over 100,000 miles, yet since it was being sold by the original owner, the Dodge Stratus is more likely to have been taken better care of as compared to vehicles that have exchanged many different hands.
In the end, after searching through many of Craigslist used cars under 5000, I am likely to choose the Dodge Stratus.